- I LOVE this recipe and make it all the time. It is an amazing weeknight dish because it takes only about 15 minutes from start to finish. I have a fish basket for my grill which works well. The spices really bring out the "grilled" flavor and diminishes any "fishy" flavor. If you can't find smoked paprika, regular paprika will do, but won't be as satisfying. This is a great recipe if you are wary of fish. Serve with a side of rice and beans and grilled veggies.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat or 350-400º. Combine oil, paprika, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl, stirring well. Rub fish evenly with oil mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Note: The tilapia can be prepared either in a grill pan on the stove or over the coals on an outdoor grill.