This first recipe was from the Today Show. I modified it a bit because my family likes their meat a little more on the well done side so I roasted the racks for 5 extra minutes then after cutting the racks seared each piece for 1 minute on each side in a cast iron skillet. Everyone loved it!
Rack of Lamb with Pimenton, Garlic and Olive Oil
- 10 Yukon Gold or 5 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ½ oz.) package of goat cheese
- Salt and Pepper, generous portion (1 1/2 tsp of salt and 3/4 tsp pepper)
In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water, add salt and boil until soft. Drain and place the potatoes back in the same pot. Add the next 6 ingredients (reserving 1/2 the milk or cream). Mix together with a hand mixer for 5 minutes or until it becomes a creamy texture and there are no lumps (or a hand masher). Add the remaining milk or cream while mixing. (Note: Add additional milk or cream, if needed to help puree.) Add the butter and cheese. Mix through until melted. Taste; add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop. Place caps on a foil-lined baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the shallots and chopped mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Spoon into reserved mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 26 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.