Friday, February 20, 2009

Super Easy Breakfast

I just discovered a new way to make hard-cooked eggs. You can put them in the oven, right on the rack (I put a cookie sheet underneath just in case one explodes) and set the oven to 325F for 30 minutes--this might be just a bit less in Utah. I made them on Sunday and set the time-bake the night before. We woke up to warm eggs, toast and OJ. Super simple and very hearty and healthy.

I'm never boiling eggs again! When you bake them, they cook more evenly and they are so much easier to peel, even when they've sat in the fridge a few days. They also make much prettier deviled eggs because the shells come off so easily.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, I have never heard of that before but we always have hard cooked eggs in our fridge. I hate peeling them when they are not fresh so I peal them all after I cook them then store them in a zip lock with a little water. I got the idea after seeing them like that sold at the store. It is so convenient especially for sandwiches.

Jim and Christina said...

i just tried baking eggs..and it was great. It was so nice to take them out of the oven and know they were done ..Thanks for the tip Rachael!