I just made these tonight and Marc declared that they are now one of his favorite meals.
These crisp tostadas have all the appeal of fish tacos, but the flat shape allows you to pile toppings high. Although we broil corn tortillas for the base, substitute flour tortillas, or use prepared shells, if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup packaged angel hair slaw
- Lime wedges (optional)
1. Combine sour cream and salsa.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove mixture from pan; wipe pan clean with paper towels. Combine avocado and juice; toss gently. Stir avocado mixture into corn mixture.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish; dredge fish in cornmeal. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add half of fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish over; cook 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and fish.
5. Coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets; broil 2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Arrange 2 tablespoons slaw on each tortilla. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each serving with about 3 tablespoons corn relish and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.