Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Oven "Fried" Fish and Chips
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup crushed corn cereal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 Medium Potatoes
4 fish fillets (I typically use tilapia)
Mayo or plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, cereal, and cheese in a shallow dish.
3. Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Coat potatoes with a little Italian dressing so crumbs will adhere to them. Dip potato wedges in crumbs and place on a creased baking sheet.
4. Bake potatoes for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, lightly apply fish fillets with mayo or yogurt and coat with remaining crumb mixture.
6. Place fish on a broiling pan. When potatoes are done place fish in the oven with potatoes. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Total cooking time: 40 minutes. Serves 4.