- 2 quarts plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 4 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add gnocchi to pan; cook 4 minutes or until done (gnocchi will rise to surface). Remove with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl. Add asparagus and shrimp to pan; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Drain. Add shrimp mixture to gnocchi.
2. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, basil, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides. Drizzle oil through food chute with food processor on; process until well blended. Add basil mixture to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield 4 servings.