Friday, November 8, 2019

Hamburger Stroganoff with Paleo Option

I love hamburger stroganoff! It is something that my mom made all the time when I was growing up, so it has been a comfort food to me in my adult years. These last few months I have decided to give up grains in an effort to cut down on bloating and help me get rid of some stubborn pounds. Sadly, it worked really well! Helping me to discover a milk gluten intolerance. Bummer! So I have been trying to adjust my eating to be in line with my new way of eating. I find that no sugar and no gluten often leads me to the paleo options. And even though I can tolerate dairy, I have cut it back quite a bit anyway. This is one of the first recipes I have altered. It was so easy, and so good! Everyone loved it! I served it over noodles for the family and they didn't even realize it was any different then what they were used to! I ate it over riced cauliflower but will totally do spaghetti squash next time. This meal is also a snap, coming together in less then 30 minutes!


Ingredients:
-       1 lb ground beef
-       6 Tbsp flour OR 3 Tbsp tapioca starch
-       ½ cup milk OR coconut milk
-       ¾ cup chicken broth
-       1 tsp garlic salt
-       ¼ tsp onion powder
-       8 oz mushrooms
-       1 cup sour cream OR 1 cup non-dairy plain yogurt OR 1 cup coconut cream + 1 TBSP lemon juice)
Directions:
-       Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
-       Add flour OR tapioca starch, mixing until combined.
-       Add milk and broth all at once, stirring until fully incorporated.
-       Add garlic salt, onion powder, and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are cooked to desired texture, stirring frequently.
-       Add sour cream, stirring until well combined. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, cooked spaghetti squash, or riced cauliflower.
-->

No comments: