I am a huge fan of breakfast for dinner! Not only is it delicious, but usually quick and easy. I was surprised how quickly this came together for a weeknight dinner. To make this easier you can use frozen diced potatoes and pre-chopped ham. I also served this with homemade bread
and it really made the meal a knock out.
- 1-1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the potatoes in oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in ham; heat through.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, milk and oregano; add to the pan. Arrange red pepper strips over egg mixture to resemble the spokes of a wheel. Cover and cook over low heat for 8-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are set and frittata is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until melted. Cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine salsa and cilantro; heat through. Serve with frittata. Yield: 6 servings.