Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 potato half)
- 3 1/4 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Combine flesh, milk, sour cream, and buttermilk; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in fontina and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Divide mixture evenly among shells. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle potatoes evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until heated.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Broil potatoes 2 minutes or until browned and bubbly.