Monday, April 12, 2010

Italian Pot Roast

I really should call this blog Lazy and Healthy Meals, because that is my real motivation. I was going to make Pot Roast with Rich Tomato Gravy, but was too lazy. I have had this recipe in my 'To Try' binder forever and decided to finally give it a go. My husband said this is his new favorite way to make pot roast.

Ingredients:
   1 boneless beef bottom round roast (3 pounds)
   1 1/2 cups water
   6 garlic cloves, minced
   2 bay leaves
   3 Tbsp dried basil
   4 1/2 tsp dried oregano
   1 1/2 tsp salt
   1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
   1/2 tsp garlic powder
   1 Tbsp cornstarch
   3 Tbsp cold water

Directions:
1. Place roast in slow cooker. Combine water, garlic and seasonings; pour over roast. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
2. Discard bay leaves. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for gravy, pour liquid into a small sauce pan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice beef; serve with gravy.

No comments: