- 1 cup milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Let stand 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and salt, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture, stirring well with a whisk. This will create a thin batter.
4. Coat 6 popover cups with cooking spray. Place popover cups in a 375° oven for 5 minutes. Divide batter evenly among prepared popover cups. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.